Volume licensing of software makes it easier and more affordable to run software on multiple computers within an organization. So it’s good news for Microsoft volume licensees. Microsoft recently announced that they are replacing its Select Plus agreement with the new Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA).
This replacement will happen gradually over the course of three years, but it is something to look forward to. Microsoft made changes based on customer and partner feedback. The benefits of the new MPSA include:
- Agreement size is only 8 pages
- Multiple account types are supported
- Single signing for all purchase types
- Combine on-premise software and Online Services purchases to get the best volume discount
- Multiple partners supported on purchasing accounts for transactional purposes
As of July 1st 2015, Select Plus will no longer be made available via new commercial customer agreements, and a year later on July 1st 2016, customers with existing Select Plus agreements will no longer be able to make new purchases after their agreement anniversary, with all future purchases moving to the MPSA. However, Microsoft officials say, “customers will continue to have full rights and access to all software and Software Assurance acquired under Select Plus.”
MPSA is currently available in 13 countries.
Microsoft is making significant changes across its Volume Licensing business. These changes include:
- More flexibility and accessibility when purchasing
- New tools to simplify asset management
- Greater value from your Microsoft assets
The Microsoft Products and Services Agreement will give you more options and offers a single agreement. MPSA is recommended for companies purchasing multiple licenses for cloud services or software.
For more information on the Microsoft Products and Services Agreement, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. Our team wants to ensure your business technologies are kept updated and efficient.