Hewlett-Packard (HP) continues to create new technologies and a wide variety of solutions that have a meaningful impact on people, governments, businesses, and society throughout every region in the world.
HP has recently joined a number of manufacturers in the development of next-generation firewalls. Their new series of products and services offer more security to enterprises, including the TippingPoint Next Generation Firewall, which has over 7,400 filters to evade vulnerabilities.
HP TippingPoint NGFW is available today in five different models:
- HP TippingPoint NGFW S1050F â€” 500Mbps throughput, and 250,000 concurrent connections for use in branch network deployments.
- HP TippingPoint NGFW S3010F Â â€” 1Gbps throughput and 500,000 concurrent connections for use in branch and campus network deployments.
- HP TippingPoint NGFW S3020F Â â€” 2Gbps throughput and 1,000,000 concurrent connections, also for use in branch and campus network deployments.
- HP TippingPoint NGFW S8005F Â â€” 5Gbps throughput and 10 million concurrent connections for use in core and data center network deployments.
- HP TippingPoint NGFW S8010F Â â€” 10Gbps throughput and 20 million concurrent connections, also for use in core and data center network deployments.
In addition, HP has released Threat Central, a community-sourced intelligence platform that increases real-time collaboration among organizations.
â€œIn a world where personal mobile devices dominate the workplace, and organizations have less control of network access points, security solutions must extend protection beyond the perimeter to disrupt the adversary on all fronts,â€ said Rob Greer, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Security Products, TippingPoint, HP.
Proactive intrusion prevention with network visibility and the ability to centrally analyze network traffic and user behavior is necessary for complete network security. With HP’s new series of firewall appliances, businesses can centrally manage and protect data, users, and applications.
â€œThe introduction of the HP TippingPoint Next-Generation Firewall is a natural extension of our leading network solutions portfolio; enabling us to stop attacks at every control point across and beyond the enterprise network,â€ explained Rob Greer.